The International Public Safety Association accepts Vice-Chair Position with the United States Department of Homeland Security's Emergency Services Sector Coordinating Council (ESSCC).
The ESSCC was established in July of 2004 at the behest of the Department of Homeland Security. The executive committee was officially formed in 2004, with the final governance structure and organizational documents approved in 2005.
"The International Public Safety Association is absolutely thrilled about this opportunity to serve as Vice-Chair of the United States Department of Homeland Security's Emergency Services Sector Coordinating Council. We are fortunate to serve with such a diverse group of Associations that, when combined, represent the global public safety community. Wren Nealy, our Member Representative, is going to do an outstanding job representing the International Public Safety Association. Wren is a certified Paramedic and Licensed Peace Officer in the State of Texas and embodies our public safety integrated response philosophy," said Heather R. Cotter, International Public Safety Association's Executive Director.
The next DHS ESSCC meeting will be in June 2016 in Washington DC. Learn more about the DHS ESSCC by reviewing their charter.
Association Members representing the vast array of emergency service workers that serve on the ESSCC are listed below:
- National Sheriffs' Association Chair - Member Representative is Sheriff Paul Fitzgerald, Story County, Iowa
- International Public Safety Association Vice Chair – Member Representative is Wren Nealy, Cypress Creek EMS, Spring Texas
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- National Association of State EMS Officials
- National Emergency Management Association
- American Ambulance Association
- American Public Works Association
- Central Station Alarm Association
- National Association of Security Companies
- National Association of State Fire Marshalls
- National Native American Law Enforcement Association
- Security Industry Association