When considering the design, development and deployment of police technology there are several factors to consider — funds being a big one. There is no doubt police workload has increased fivefold since the 1960’s with resources not keeping pace and funding falling to the wayside.
Technology funding has become a large problem many departments face. Thirty-five years ago, the only “technology” needed was a police radio and the location of the nearest pay phone. Today, police radios scan thirty-plus channels and officers typically have in-car video cameras, traffic monitoring radar units, access to automatic license plate recognition (ALPR), in-car laptops or tablets with Internet access, body-worn cameras, department-issued cellphones and, of course, personal cellphones.
Police are being tasked with increasingly complicated challenges as the state of technology evolves, but today’s most effective agencies aren’t exactly lacking in technical fortitude.
Take the following questionnaire to gain insight into the challenges many police departments are facing today:
- Are you uncertain on how to implement a new technology solution to your department?
- Do you lack the resources to train your department on newly rolled out IT equipment?
- Do you long for a solutions integrator who truly understands the challenges within your workforce?
- Are you tired of waiting weeks for a replacement device when something breaks?
- Do you lack the space to stock and store equipment?
- Does your department struggle to support the latest and greatest technology?
- Do you always know where your product is?
- Is your agency’s online capacity its greatest struggle?
- Does your IT department leave field staff ‘out in the cold’?
- Are you tired of managing multiple vendors?
- Do you struggle to keep track of your department’s technology assets?
- Does your department have an issue with a device and not know where to turn?
- Are you uncertain of what our warranty covers?
- Are you exhausted of constantly needing replacement batteries for your devices?
- As you bring in more advanced technology into your department, are your officers struggling to keep up?
- Do you need help with installation and training for your department or agency?
Did you answer yes to many of the common challenges police departments are facing today? If so, you’re not alone.
Group Mobile, an IPSA Supporter, understands the challenges departments face when selecting, evaluating and implementing the right mobile technology deployment for law enforcement. Our pledge to the public sector — coupled with our years of experience on how to define and design, install, train, and maintain the most reliable, best-in-class, long-term technological solutions — make us an industry leader among public safety agencies nationwide.
Our specialized professional services directed towards the public sector include:
- Product advising
- Tests and evaluations
- Storage solution setup
- Mobile data communication and integration
- Full scale deployments
- Project management
- User training
- Inventory management
The experts at Group Mobile work with police departments nationwide and will assist you in determining the best equipment for your application and budget.
If your agency is strapped for funding, we can help with that too. Group Mobile iCare sets us apart from any other reseller in the rugged computing market. For law enforcement agencies struggling to keep pace with today’s technology because of no capital, we developed a revolutionary solution called TaaS or Technology as a Subscription.
We will work with you to create a bundled solution that fits inside your budget requirements — in turn, your department will be in line with the most effective agencies today with the most up to date technology with hassle free management, now that is peace of mind. Contact one of our public safety technology experts today.
Rugged Laptop or Rugged Tablet — How to Decide on the Right Mobile Computer for Law Enforcement